－ 【Event】NUS Joint Virtual Immersion Programme (Deadline Extended!)
2021.04.28Can't travel abroad but still want to have some global exposure?
Sign up for this free joint virtual immersion programme jointly organized by the National University of Singapore (NUS), National Yang Ming Chiao Tung University (NYCU) and universities in China and Hong Kong, to meet friends and learn more about the East Asia and Singapore!
Theme：Economic & Technological Developments of East Asia & Singapore
Time：2 full days
Highlights of this programme include：
- Learning about regional economic and technological developments
- Hearing from entrepreneurs about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Gaining insights into Peranakan Culture and virtual tour
- Understanding Hawker Culture in Singapore and its UNESCO journey
- Cultural sharing by students
- Networking with overseas students
- Fun games and quizzes, with attractive prizes
- Current student or recent graduates of NYCU (including both CT campus and YM campus).
- Students who are interested in interacting with overseas students.
- Students willing to host cultural workshops are preferred.
- Student Ambassadors are preferred.
- Students who have completed the course "Explore the World: Global Perspective Trainings for NCTU Students" are preferred.
Internal Application Deadline：2021/6/11(Fri.)
- Fill out the application form and submit to the responsible person at NYCU。
- NYCUOIA will shortlist and nominate to NUS.
- Upon completion, a joint Certificate of Participation will be provided.
- Participants will be rewarded bonus mark when applying for outbound student exchange program.
- Participants may be rewarded a higher value when applying for outbound student exchange scholarship.
- Every university will need to host at least 2 cultural workshops. These could be on any topics such as the night market culture of Taiwan, how Taiwan encourages recycling among its residents, or any other topics that your students would like to highlight. The workshop can be run individually or by a group of students (no more than 5) and the duration is to be 10 – 15 min per workshop.