2019.12.09Amgen Scholars Asia Program
The objective of the program is to provide undergraduate students from different countries, including Japan, who are committed to or who are considering a career in biology or related sciences and planning to continue to graduate studies, with eight weeks (from June 9 to August 8, 2020, including Amgen Scholars Asia Symposium) of biomedical research experience in the basic and translational sciences. Opportunities for the students to gain valuable hands-on experience in research will be provided by 15 research laboratories in six of the graduate schools and research institutes of UTokyo (Graduate School of Medicine, Graduate School of Science, Graduate School of Engineering, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the Institute of Industrial Science).
Additionally, there will be opportunities for the students to take part in events, such as Japanese cultural events, exchange events with UTokyo students, etc., organized to maximize their experience as Amgen Scholars at UTokyo.
Each Amgen Scholars will receive a stipend to cover their return travel and living expenses, in addition to paid accommodation, during the program.
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must be undergraduate students who are:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities worldwide that award a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent); and
- At the minimum, have completed their first year of undergraduate study at the time the summer program begins, and
- Not graduating before the summer program begins, and will resume their undergraduate studies for at least 1 semester or 1 quarter after the end of the summer program.
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program applicants must also:
- Have a strong record of academic performance, and
- Have good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, IELTS overall band score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310, if not a native English speaker or English is not their first language, and
- Have an interest in pursuing a Ph.D.
Application for the program is now open online and will close at 3:00 PM on February 3, 2020 (Japan Standard Time).
To learn more about the UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program, please visit http://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/prospective-students/amgen_program.html
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org