Work permit is mandatory for students who would like to take a part-time job.
Application is only accepted through the online portal (see below for instructions).
1. Guideline to apply for a work permit online:
- Workforce Development Agency EZ Work Permit Portal: website
- User videos:
2. Required documents to be uploaded in the designated folder online:
- Student ID card both-side photos with latest registered sticker
- ARC card both-side photos
3. Application procedure:
- Go to the Work Permit application portal and register an account.
- Fill out an online application form
- Upload the required documents in the designated folders
- Pay the fee in the post office and fill in the receipt information in the online application form.
- Account name: 勞動部勞動力發展署聘僱許可收費專戶
- Account number: 19058848
- After submitting the online application form, please inform Janet the following information:
- Application number
- Full name
4. Status check of work permit: website
- The blank of “please fill in number of employer”: ARC number
- The blank of “please fill in submitting date”: estimated date (YYYMMDD)
- YYY: Taiwanese year (AD-1911), e.g., the Taiwanese year of 2017 is 106.
- The maximum work hours are 20 hours per week, excluding summer and winter vacation.
- If students work without the work permit, he/she will be fined for NTD.150,000 according to Employment Services Act.
- According to the “ Regulations on the Permission and Administration of the Employment of Foreign workers”, applicant can apply for the student work permit only if he/she is officially enrolled as a degree student in any university or has taken 1-year language course in Taiwan.
- Student should return the work permit (if valid) to the Division of International and Cross-strait Services if he/she is suspended or discontinues his/her schooling.
- For applications made in the fall semester, the work permit is valid until March 31 of next year. For applications made in the spring semester, the work permit is valid until September 30 of the same year. The validity of the work permit is 6 months at most.
- If applicant would like to claim the permit in person, please fill in the relevant declaration form and hand in the documents at the designated counter of Bureau of Employment and Vocational Training. The applicant has to bring the receipt to get the permit at the counter by the appointed deadline. The Bureau will send the permit as a registered mail if the applicant doesn’t receive the permit before the certain date.
- If the applicant has course-related jobs, such as teaching assistant or research assistant, doesn’t need to apply for work permit.
Please visit the website of Workforce Development Agency for further information.
- Address: 10F, No.39, Chung-Hwa Rd. Sec.1, Taipei City 10042
- Email: email@example.com
- Contact number: +886-2-2380-1712 / +886-2-2380-1725
- Office hour: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00 Monday to Friday