2020.01.21Gain first-hand Taiwan experience with paid internships at companies, research institutes or labs within National Chiao Tung University(NCTU). In 2020, NCTU has teamed up with three major enterprises in Taiwan, including tsmc, MediaTek and E.SUN Bank, to offer more than 50 internship positions for MIT students. Furthermore, NCTU organizes 2 weeks of Chinese language and culture classes before the internship; excursions during the internship and an end-of-program trip are also included.
June 21st to August 29th, 2020
Eligibility & Requirements
- Open to MIT undergraduates, graduating seniors, and graduate students in all disciplines.
- GPA 4.0 (“B”) or better.
- Basic Chinese proficiency is recommended.
- Round-trip standard economy class flight tickets
- Free accommodation
- NCTU student buddy
- Monthly salary & stipend:
MediaTek / E.SUN Bank
NTD20,000 (approx. USD660)
How to apply
Please email the application material to Mr. Sean Gilbert (email@example.com).
Internship at Industry
Research at NCTU
1. Application form (Typewritten)
2. Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
3. Latest “Enrollment Letter” with an official stamp from home university
4. A copy of valid passport (valid for at least 6 months upon arrival to Taiwan)
5. Research proposal at NCTU (No more than one A4-sized page)
March 1st, 2020
Offer and Acceptance
Placement is finalized by the end of March and acceptance letters will be sent to students to initiate the visa application process.
For further information, please click the link below:
- 2020 MIT – NCTU Internship Program brochure
- List of industry internship openings
- List of possible host supervisors at NCTU
MISTI Managing Director Mr. Sean Gilbert firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Coordinator Ms. Doris Chiang email@example.com
Project Manager Ms. Cherrie Chow firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.