－ Inbound Exchange / Visiting Students
Program Profile Timeline Application Instruction Documents Required Exchange Program Offered
Course Selection Admission Other Information NCTU Fact Sheet Estimated Living Expense
- Inbound Exchange Program
- Students from our partner universities who wish to take courses at NCTU and are nominated by their home universities
- Students whose parents are CTU (Hsinchu, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Southwest Jiaotong University) alumni who wish to take courses at NCTU
- Inbound Visiting Program ( fee-paying exchange program)
- Students from our partner universities who wish to take courses at NCTU without applying via their home universities
- Students from non-partner universities who wish to take courses at NCTU
- Tuition Fees for AY2019-2020 International Student
- Application form
- Please print out the application form when completing the online application.
- Both applicant and home university coordinator have to sign on the printed application form.
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Study Plan (please refer to timetable for your reference)
- Study plan may include your motivation and a tentative list of courses you would like to take during the exchange period.
- The list of English-medium courses will be finalised before the beginning of each semester; the courses in study plan are subject to change.
- An original transcript of academic records in English or Chinese
- A copy of student ID card (with expiry date), or latest “Enrollment Letter” with an official stamp from the home university
- A copy of valid passport
- Application Instruction
- For both program applicants, the application is considered successful only when the online application is completed and is submitted before the deadline.
- Exchange Student
- Partner institutes nominate the exchange students via the online nomination system; each institute will have a different nomination link. (Once submitted the student information, it will not be able to modify the nomination record).
- Each nominated student will receive an individual application link via email after the nomination.
- Students are required to register in the online application system, then:
A. Fill the information in the required column
B. Upload the required documents
- Visiting Student
- Register in the online application system: Online Application System for Inbound Visiting Program
- 2021 Spring Semester application period: September 1 to October 15 2020.
- Application Process:
A. Fill correct information in the required column
B. Upload all the documents
- Visit timetable for English-medium courses.
- Only those courses labelled with [English Medium Course] are supposed to be taught in English.
- Credit requirement (per semester):
- Undergraduate students must select 9 credits
- Graduates are required to take at least 2 academic courses
- Actual courses offered will be available around the end of May (for Fall Semester) and end of December (for Spring Semester).
- Students are able to choose courses all over NCTU and will not be limited to the home department. However, students are strongly recommended to ask the department or course professor before they really enrol to the course (Professors may require exchange students to own basic knowledge for the course).
- Courses offered by College of Management are often very popular and competitive, and there is a possibility that students may not be able to select and get into certain course due to professors’ consideration on class size, related background knowledge or other reasons. Therefore, students are suggested to consider the situation and list more courses they wish to take before arrival so that students can better manage their timetable in NCTU.
- English Taught Course (2020 Fall Semester) or English Taught Course (2020 Spring Semester), could be for reference.
- NCTU Inbound Exchange Programs Offered AY2020/2021
- Students should indicate the department or institute of NCTU that they wish to exchange to. It is suggested students choose the department or institute based on their major in home university.
- Students who would like to apply for the exchange program should read the requirement carefully before applying.
- Students must visit NCTU website to look for more course information before applying.
- “College of Management” is limited to “final-year undergraduate students and graduate students (Master or PhD)”.
- The applications and supporting documents would be reviewed by each department. The department reserves the right to admit the nominated students according to various considerations such as academic performance, background consistency…etc. Sometimes, the department may reallocate students to a suitable department.
Students could choose to exchange for one semester or one academic year. However, one academic year exchange program is open for the Fall Semester only.
- Nomination Deadline (not applicable to Inbound Visiting Program)
- March 30 of Fall Semester
- September 30 for Spring Semester
- Application Deadline
- April 15 for Fall Semester
- October 15 for Spring Semester
- Academic Calendar
- Fall Semester: middle of September to the middle of January of next year
- Spring Semester: middle of February to the middle of June
- The confirmed academic calendar will be announced around late June each year. Please visit NCTU Calendar.
- On-Site Orientation
- On-Site Orientation is often held one week before to the start date of each semester, admitted students are strongly recommended to attend it for more information on course selection, on-campus life, social activities…etc.
- Admission information will be released around the end of May (for Fall Semester Intake) and end of November (for Spring Semester Intake) at the application system where individual applicant has to log in to check his/her admission status.
- Admitted students need to confirm to accept the offer online, and then the admission letter will follow.
- NCTU provides soft copy admission letter around the middle of June (for Fall Semester Intake) and middle of December (for Spring Semester Intake). If hard copy admission letter is needed, please contact NCTU Inbound Exchange/Visiting Program coordinator.
- Division of International & Cross-strait Services (ICS) will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students around the beginning of July (for Fall Semester Intake) and end of December (for Spring Semester Intake) in which registration, arrival, and dormitory application information etc. is contained.
- ICS is part of the Office of International Affairs and is located on the 1st floor of Administrative Building. ICS is established to offer on-site service, such as accommodation, insurance, visa, registration for our international students. ICS cooperates with other school units to process course selection and tuition payment as well as providing guidance and assistance for all international students.
- For further information, please contact: Ms. Iris Chuang (Email: email@example.com)
Ms. Lily Cheng