Short-term Research Program
－ International Student
- Students admitted through Inbound Short-term Research Program are called "Inbound Research Student".
- All applicants must firstly identify and contact a full-time professor at NCTU to be their research supervisor.
- Office of International Affairs does not involve in matching students and NCTU host professors.
- The student is required to apply two months before the tentative research start date.
- List of NCTU professors who might want to host NCTU short-term research application.
- Program Profile:
Current students from international universities who wish to do research work at NCTU (less than 180 days).
- Documents Required:
- Application form (typewritten) (doc.) (odt.)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Research Proposal of your research at NCTU (1 A4 page only)
- The Invitation Letter from NCTU supervisor (The letter is compulsory for the visa process. It should be formal and with professor’s signature, department, email address on it.)
- Latest “Enrollment Letter” with an official stamp from the home university (or valid student ID card with an expiry date on it, please make sure the enrollment letter should cover your duration of internship in NCTU)
- A copy of valid passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- *A proof issued by the home university that internship is one of the graduation criteria or part of course requirement (Undergraduate students only, it’s compulsory for visa process.)
- Application Instruction:
Email “completed application package” (all required documents mentioned above) at least 2 months before the tentative research start date in order in one time to NCTU coordinator. **Students who submit the completed application package in advance, will have the priority to apply for the accommodation.
Admitted students will receive admission letter and official Ministry of Education (MoE) approval after the application is reported to MoE.
- Other Information:
Division of International & Cross-strait Services (ICS) will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students in which registration, arrival, and dormitory application information…etc. is contained.
Ms. Lily Cheng