Short Term Research Program (suspended)
－ International Students
- Students admitted through Inbound Short-term Research Program are called "Inbound Research Student", and it is a non-degree program.
- All applicants must firstly identify and contact a full-time professor at NCTU to be their research supervisor.
- Office of International Affairs does not involve in matching students and NCTU host professors.
- The student is required to apply two months before the tentative research start date.
- List of NCTU professors who might want to host NCTU short-term research application.
- Program Profile:
Current students from international academic institutions who wish to do research in NCTU.
International students enrolled in overseas academic institutions.
**The list of the international academic institutions is issued by the Ministry of Education, R.O.C., please refer to the following link of Database for the Reference List of Foreign Universities. (America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa).
- Program Duration:
Due to visa regulations, the maximum program duration shall not exceed 180 days. If the student would like to stay for a longer period, the applicant must re-apply to the program. This would mean a new visa is required, and a program fee for the second period will be charged.
- Program fee:
1. OIA administration fee: NTD 1,500
2. Short term research application fee:
Less than 2 months (60 days) 2 to 4 months (61 to 120 days) 4 to 6 months (121 to 180 days) NTD 3,000 NTD 6,000 NTD 8,000
- (**The above fee does not include the cost of living.)
- An applicant who meets the following requirement may receive a "short term research application fee" waiver:
1. Students from our partner universities.
2. Short Term Research Scholarship awardees.
3. Taiwan Experience Education Program (TEEP@AsiaPlus) students.
4. Students who were invited by an NCTU professor for international academia collaboration.
- Documents Required:
- Application form (typewritten) (doc.) (odt.)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Research Proposal of your research at NCTU (1 A4 page)
- Invitation Letter from NCTU supervisorr (The letter is compulsory for the visa application process. It should include a formal letterhead and signed by a NCTU supervising professors.)
- Latest “Enrollment Letter” with an official stamp or student card with an expiry date (Please make sure that the duration of internship in NCTU does not exceed the enrollment period at your home institution.)
- A copy of the passport (valid for at least 6 months)
- *A proof issued by the home university that internship is one of the graduation criteria or part of graduation requirements (This is a compulsory visa application requirement only for
- Application Instruction:
Email “completed application package” (all required documents mentioned above) at least 2 months before the tentative research start date to NCTU coordinator. **Students who submit the completed application package in advance, will have the priority to apply for the accommodation.
After the application, admitted students will receive an admission letter from NCTU and official Ministry of Education (MoE) approval letter two to three weeks.
- Other Information:
Division of International & Cross-strait Services (ICS) will email the "Welcome Package" to admitted students in which registration, arrival, and dormitory application information…etc. is contained.
Ms. Lily Cheng